Hello all!! Jennifer here with a new post.
I know it has been awhile since anything has been posted, so sorry about that. Life has been busy and we have exciting changes coming, but more on that in another post.
Today I want to share a little moment with you.
I was recently at a funeral and while they were discussing this womans life they made the comment “If she had a testimony, this is what it would have been:” Then they went on to talk about her love and devotion to her family and her faith.
This comment really stuck with me and has weighed on me over the past week or so.
What would my testimony be?
Of course I considered the definition of the word and a quick google search gave me some good things to ponder.
Google defines testimony in a few ways:
- a formal written or spoken statement, especially one given in a court of law
- evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something
- a public recounting of a religious conversion or experience
- a solemn protest or declaration
For my use and the thought going through my head we are going to talk about the 2nd and 4th definitions:
Evidence or proof provided by thee existence or appearance of something and/or A solemn protest or declaration.
This hit me really hard. When people meet me, when people are around me, when I am gone…what is my testimony? What proof or evidence am I leaving to show what is really important in my life? I know that in my heart I believe the most important things are:
- My husband and children
- My family(spiritual and physical)
- My friends
- Service to others
- Trying my best to live up to how the Bible says I should
- Spreading the gospel
I wonder how often my words and actions actually portray these things that are important to me? Am I really putting God first? Am I really showing my family the love and support I should? Do I show my friends that I care about them? Am I living a life of service? Do I study the Bible enough to know how I should live, and am I really applying that to my everyday life? Am I working to spread the gospel? Do I spend time in prayer for all of these things?
My challenge was to sit and survey my life. You know what I found? There are areas where I do an okay job, but there are areas that need improvement. There are more areas that need improvement than there are areas that do not. Ihat is a great thing about life, we can always take a moment to reevaluate and make changes where needed.
- I need to work harder on putting God first and making sure that He is showing in all that I do.
- I need to de a better job of being there for my husband and child.
- I need to do a better job following up with my friends and family-facebook is good for this-but a personal text or message or phone call means more.
- I need to work on studying the Bible and spending more time in prayer.
- I need to work on my service to God and others.
- I need to truly spend time enjoying everything God has blessed me with.
I want to live my life in such a way that there is never a question as to what my “testimony” is. Everyone should know that God is first and that I am working to please him and grow his kingdom. I want my life to reflect this while I am living and after I am gone.
I can not think of any better testimony than one that will allow me to stand in judgment and hear “Well done good and faithful servant!”
If you survey your life right now and write down what your testimony was/is, what would it be? If it is not one that puts God first and Godly things as priority, it is time for some changes.
Until next time,